Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team.
Come join our team if...
- Excited to revolutionize the retail industry
- Hard-working and care about self-growth
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Highly organized
- Can work independently with limited supervision
- Able to effectively communicate with peers and tailor your communication to your audience
- Willing to dive in and assist coworkers as incidents arise
You Must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (1-2 years industrial experience) in computer science or a similar field
- Experience with software development using Java or similar object-oriented languages
- Familiarity with popular networking protocols and patterns including TCP, HTTP, HTTPS, RESTful, SOAP.
- Proficiency with common development tools and environments: git, Linux
- A desire to understand and integrate different APIs to build end-to-end systems
You may have:
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Swagger, gRPC, mongoDB (or other databases technologies), Kubenetes, Docker
- Experience with Cloud IaaS, such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Experience in one or more of the following integration developments (Data Ingestion, Data Migration, Data Validation, Scripting, SDK)
You’re ready to:
- Integrate with clients’ IT system to make sure launching is smooth.
- Build enterprise facing solutions for partners.
- Build internal SDKs / APIs during integration.
- Talk and listen to clients and partners to understand requirements and needs.
- Concur the World!
- Above market salary and equity
- Excellent medical insurance
- Unlimited Snacks
- Unlimited PTO