Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper differentiates from technologies like Amazon Go by creating a plug-and-play solution that does not require store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy compute and endless image labeling & training; retailers can just buy the carts, and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure, and it is already actively being used in the market.
Caper is the fastest-growing retail automation technology company and is backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons, and Walmart. E-commerce only accounts for 8% of total retail transaction volume, and Caper is innovating the other 92% to novel offline retail potential. One of the many reasons Caper is able to innovative world-changing products is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management.
- Coordinating within projects and teams to make sure all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, schedules, and delivery better results
- Work closely with stakeholders to provide strategic thinking and balance the needs of all teams in order to reach project goals
- Constant communication, starting at the early stage of a project, with all key stakeholders to ensure project alignment as well as expectations
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards
- Coordinating the development of user manuals, training materials, and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients
- Help lead the development of new projects based on understanding of our clients’ needs
- Conducting a post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Working with operations unit to identify and establish ongoing project protocols
- 4+ years of relevant, project management experience in technology companies or in house creative/design/production team
- Having worked with engineering / product / sales / operations / finance teams
- Previous experience with hardware products
- Ability to use different project management platforms, including Jira
- Previous client facing experience required, this role would also require commuting to client sites out of state
- Highly prefer experience working with complex operations such as opening new stores or launching physical technology hardware into stores
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary and equity offerings
- Attractive Health Benefits
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)