Director of Development
Animal Welfare Nonprofit
Lower Hudson Valley
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Terrific Director of Development position with a highly regarded animal welfare nonprofit in the Lower Hudson Valley area. The Director of Development will partner with the Executive Director to design and execute an overall fundraising strategy for the organization. This will include managing the full life cycle of fundraising efforts, including prospect research, identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects. Funding sources will include individuals (including major gifts), corporations and foundations. The Director of Development will also be involved in writing appeals and various marketing collateral. This position is a great opportunity for someone that is looking to take the next step in their development career. Qualified candidates will have 2-3+ years of experience in non-profit, including fundraising. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Create and implement strategies to build fundraising efforts and reach financial goals
- Plan and manage special events and fundraising projects
- Accountable for leading the moves management process of donors
- Conduct prospect research to identify potential grantors
- Draft and manage various development communication materials
- Utilize Salesforce for reporting, communication and prospecting
- Approximately 2-3+ years experience in nonprofit fundraising/development
- Strong technical skills including, but not limited to Salesforce or similar, Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong written and communication skills
Equal opportunity employer.