Director of Finance
Rapidly Growing Think Tank
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Terrific Director of Finance (DOF) position with a rapidly growing think tank in Washington, D.C. This position will provide strategic oversight and direction for the organization's finance function. It requires an innovative person, capable of rethinking financial systems, automating processes and improving efficiencies as they continue to grow. The DOF will oversee day-to-day accounting, the monthly close process, AR, AP, payroll and financial statement preparation. The DOF will also work closely with Program Directors on grant reporting and be integrally involved in the organizational budgeting process. Qualified candidates will have nonprofit and grants accounting experience. Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Oversee the strategic direction of the finance function
- Lead the monthly close process, including financial statement preparation and presentation
- In collaboration with the COO, prepare and manage the organizational budget
- Work closely with Program Directors to ensure grant requirements are being achieved
- Collaborate with auditors and prepare for the annual audit and 990
- Establish systems and process improvements to ensure that the finance function is well positioned for the organization's growth
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Nonprofit and grant accounting experience
- Ability to leverage technology to automate processes and maximize efficiencies
- Thrive in a highly collaborative culture
Equal Opportunity Employer.