Managing Director, Economic Policy & Research
Nonprofit Think Tank
Competitive salary and Generous Benefits
Terrific leadership policy positions with a rapidly growing think tank in Washington, D.C. These Managing Director roles will oversee research efforts in their respective area of focus, including the impact of race and gender, economic security, and health. Responsibilities include the design and implementation of a strategic plan, production of high quality research and policy analysis, and working to broaden the reach of the organization's work. The Managing Director will manage a team of researchers and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on developing research publications. The positions will be responsible for securing funds to further the research in their specific research area. Qualified candidates should have approximately 10+ years of relevant experience, including the ability to analyze large sets of data. Excellent communications skills, including the ability to translate technical language into comprehensible reports is required. Ph.D. or equivalent is required.
- Create an overall strategic plan for policy research and dissemination
- Manage, mentor and train a team of researchers
- Point person for the production and distribution of high-quality research reports and other publications
- Qualitative and quantitative research based on large data sets
- Research, Identify and secure funding for policy research
- Approximately 10+ years of relevant experience
- PhD or similar is required
Equal Opportunity Employer.