We are Belvo, a financial API platform for Latin America that enables any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users' financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We are currently 70 people, projected to be 100+ by the end of 2021. We have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo and a large portion of us work remotely.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
You can read more about us and why we’re doing what we’re doing here and here.
The data team at Belvo is building services that connect companies and users with their financial and fiscal data. We use technology as a way to democratize access to previously inaccessible information.
We retrieve, normalize and store information from a wide spectrum of data sources, putting the focus on operational efficiency, performance and reliability.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Junior developer to join our team, willing to help us solve challenging problems and grow professionally along the way.
You'll be expected to:
- Function as an integral part of the development team, actively contributing towards the development of our tools, services and platforms.
- Contribute to data reliability, bug fixing and data analysis tasks.
- Triage incoming bugs and enrich bug reports.
- Refactor and improve testing coverage for important parts of the platform.
You can be part of the gang if:
- Detail-oriented, getting things done mindset
- Experience with the Linux command, Docker, Git and other basic development tools
- Willingness to grow professionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Asynchronous programming experience with Python’s asyncio
- Previous experience with scraping technologies
Our tech stack:
- We’re building our platform using modern technologies, putting the focus on reliability and long-term maintainability
- We primarily use Python on the backend. We use battle-tested technologies such as Django, and we are heavy users of Python’s asyncio for some parts of our stack
- We run our infrastructure on top of Amazon Web Services, leveraging managed services. We tend to favor the use of managed services wherever possible, in order to focus on our business problems
- We observe and monitor our services using Datadog
- We follow Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite