A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform for Latam that enables any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users financial information, through one easy-to-use API.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team based in Barcelona, Brazil and Mexico City that is tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
You can read more about us and why we’re doing what we’re doing here and here.
About the team:
- We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
- Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
- We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
- We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
- We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there's no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
- Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
- Create, implement and enforce Internal Control Policies and Procedures - including the establishment of an audit committee;
- Develop and enforce KYC (Know Your Customer), KYP (Know your Provider) procedures;
- Assist on all ongoing compliance review processes, including necessary filings, reports to the regulator, policies, and procedures;
- Create and enforce policies for the detection and prevention of fraudulent activity within the business and client activities;
- Serve as point of contact for regulators, in coordination with the Legal team as required;
- Act upon regulatory developments relating to compliance risks and the associated regulatory obligations;
- Monitor compliance with all third-party policies and applicable legislation;
- Work collaboratively with product and engineering teams to ensure compliant practices are a part of product design and implemented in a scalable and user-centric way;
- Assist in developing training materials and documentation as well as provide training to the various teams on relevant legal topics and best practices.
You can be part of the gang if:
- 5+ years of experience within a compliance or risk function in regulated financial institutions, fintech, or technology companies;
- Deep knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to banking, financial, and payments institutions in Brazil (BACEN, CVM, etc.)
- Experience overseeing and participating in audits performed at regulated entities;
- Proven successful experience working with regulatory or supervisory entities either directly or on behalf of clients;
- Demonstrable successful experience working with the implementation of processes for KYC, KYP, internal controls, business continuity plan, risk matrix, and assessment;
- Have worked at a startup before, are adaptable, and enjoy fast-paced environments;
- Extremely high attention to detail and methodical in how you work;
- Proven track record of project management and process-oriented skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent spoken and written English and Portuguese;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience in cross-border and multi-country compliance operations;
- Understanding of Data Protection and Bank Secrecy Legislation in Brazil.
🚀Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
🔆Flexible working hours
🎊Paid time off on your birthday
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
😎Team building events