Our client is based in Angola looking for a Rig Safety Trainer to start ASAP. Please submit your CV.
Background:In addition to having experience as a rig crew trainer, it is of great benefit if the candidate has some prior operations background (preferably in drilling). A large part of this role is training client staff on how to use drilling equipment properly and in safe manner. The successful candidate would also need to complete all internal KCAD Approved Rig Training (ART), as they would be expected to deliver this training in the field.
Nationality: Angolan national only
- Competency Assessor (internal course or L&D9di / equivalent)
- KCAD provide an internal assessor training course, which will suffice for now
- Forklift Instructor (RTITB) & Forklift Operator (RTITB)
- Both courses are required so RSTC can deliver forklift training – we know this can be provided in the UK, but can it also be provided locally or within Africa?
- Rigging & Lifting Training (OPITO Stage 1)
- An equivalent to OPITO L1 would be API RP2D Rigging, we know that API RP2D is not easily available in the UK. So OPITO is the desired course, but not sure if this can be provided locally or within Africa – if not API RP2D would suffice.
- Rigger & Lifting Training (OPITO Stage 3)
- OPITO L3 – would not be mandatory to begin with, but perhaps desirable at later stage if candidate completes OPITO Stage 1.
- OPITO Banksman
- We understand this training can be provided in UK and South Africa, unsure if it is provided in Angola?
- Mobile Elevated Work Platform IPAF Operator & Mobile Elevated Work Platform IPAF Demonstrator
- Both required as per training matrix, not sure if these courses can be provided locally or within Africa?
- Work at Height & Confined Space (including Rescue Instructor / Train the Trainer)
- Recommended as per training matrix, not sure if these courses can be provided locally or within Africa?
- First Aid (Basic & Advanced)
- Not high priority for the role and this training can be provided locally in any case
- DROPS Focal Point (Train the Trainer)
- We can provide this training online through Silverdot in the UK