Ascending is currently recruiting a Procurement Operations Support Officer for a Major International Marine Company to be based in Pemba, Mozambique.
The purpose of the position is to assist with day-to-day administration of the Mozambique Operations of the company. More specifically the Procurement & Logistics part of operation.
The position is based in our Pemba office and reports to the Contract Manager.
- Assist with sourcing goods and services both in Mozambique and International.
- Ensure all vendors are registered in the ERP system and conduct vendor Due Diligence.
- Tasked with raising RFQ – Assist with comparing Quotations – Raising PO.
- Follow up on international shipments of goods, ensure all documents are in place and manage the import/export process and formalities according to the correct regimes.
- Manage the Pemba Warehouse, setting up and maintaining the inventory, stock control and warehouse HSEQ.
- Assist with Visa/Work Permit applications for both staff, crew and visitors.
- Manage local personnel logistics including airport pick-ups, hotel bookings and transfers.
- Ensure goods and services are lined up as per vessel port call planning.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Interested in Procurement / Logistics / HSE with some practical experience within Mozambique.
- Understand Mozambique import/export and visa/work permit processes.
- Knowledge on warehouse management is a plus (stock control & inventory).
- Experience with working with ERP systems with the focus on procurement
- Intermediate skills in MS excel.
- Good communications skills in English (written and oral).
- Based in Pemba or willing to relocate.