Ascending.ltd is a manpower service provider that serves clients in various areas including oil and gas. We are currently looking for senior accountants and fully qualified to support future projects.
Job Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 5 of experience in accounting related roles required.
- Accounting degree (bachelors/masters)
- Accounting Certification (CA/ACCA - Association of Certified Chartered Accountant)
- Nationality : Angolan
- Fluent in English - speaking and writing
- Proficient in MS office, especially MS Excel
- Experience in SAP an advantage
- Flexible with additional working hours during month close
- Performs month-end close process (including accruals, inventory mark-ups, dividend postings, equity in earnings, balance sheet investment account etc)
- Prepares monthly financial reports (forecast/actuals trends, P&L, balance sheet, cashflow statement, etc)
- Prepares, analyzes, and distributes financial results including variance explanations.
- Prepares quarterly and year-end reports
- Under general supervision, applies knowledge of the company's business systems, business processes and controls, including policies and procedures, relative to the location and department assigned.
- Demonstrates understanding of organizational structure and core businesses of the company and industry.
- Performs activities involving ad-hoc complex accounting reports and accounting analyses with related spreadsheets and applications input.
- Reviews and monitors financial transactions for accuracy and timeliness.
- Researches and resolves complex accounting issues and transactions including related internal controls.
- Participates in multi-functional teams and develops project management skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge in moderately complex aspects of general accounting, internal controls, company policy, financial analysis and reporting, forecasting, and financial applications, as well as intermediate levels of proficiency with industry and company acumen.