Systems Engineer – France & North Europe
Pensando Systems is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to help sell our products and solutions to Enterprise, Cloud and Service Provider customers in the France and Northern Europe region. This individual will act as the main resource leading the technical engagement with prospective customers, guiding them through Pensando product advantages and unique capabilities, helping to architect solutions addressing customer’s needs, assisting the customers through integration and qualification phases towards successful release to production of their final product/system.
The preferred candidate should have proven experience in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Network design and troubleshooting, particularly in large scale datacenter/cloud environments
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- L2, L3 networking, routing protocols, overlay networks
- Network Security, Firewalls, micro-segmentation
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Storage Networking including NVMe/TCP
- Smart NICs
- Be the technical focal point for assigned customers covering all aspects of Pensando products
- Facilitate new and existing customer engagements to help secure new design wins for Pensando
- Act as the technical expert to address customer requirements and solve technical challenges
- Participate in building Pensando product roadmap by providing the customer requirements to engineering and marketing teams
- Build and support channel partnerships and perform technical training for channel engineers.
- Work closely with OEM partners, HPE and Dell, to support their go to market activities and support their customer engagements
- Manage the relationships with customers’ technical teams
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar field from an accredited university or college
- 10+ years of experience in HW/SW development, Technical Marketing, System, Field or Application Engineering roles, at least 5 years of which is in customer facing role supporting Tier 1 Enterprise, Cloud customers, Server, Storage or Networking OEM customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of networking protocols, including layers 2, 3 and 4
- Solid knowledge of Linux/Unix, VMware
- Self-motivated. Dedicated.
- Up to 50% travel required