Software Application Engineer
Pensando Systems is looking for an experienced Software Application Engineer to help its customers integrate and deploy Pensando products and solutions. This individual will act as the main technical focal point for coordination between the customer’s System and Software development teams and the Pensando engineering team. Responsibilities include guiding the customer’s through Pensando product deployment and unique capabilities, assisting the customer through the development phase towards successful release to production of their final product/system. The Software Application Engineer will also act as a focal point for technical customer escalations.
The preferred candidate should have proven experience in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Development of firmware, drivers and/or control plane for real-time applications
- Deep understanding of network protocols for SDN architectures
- In-depth knowledge of modern storage solutions, including NVMe/NVMe-oF
- Expertise in C/C++, GO, Python
- Understanding of host drivers for PCIE devices
- Experience with supporting SDK customers
- Be the technical focal point for assigned customers covering Software aspects of Pensando products
- Act as the technical expert to address customer requirements and solve technical challenges
- Be the main point of contact for all Software enquiries
- Lead complex escalations with customers, build and lead engineering task forces, build debug strategies and lead them to execution while ensuring good communications with the customer
- Create application notes and capture customer requirements
- Facilitate software integration of Pensando products into customer environments/infrastructure
- The job may require up to 50% of SW development (C and scripting language)
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar field from an accredited university or college.
- 10+ years of experience in SW development, Field or Application SW Engineering roles, at least 5 years of which are in customer facing roles supporting Tier 1 Enterprise, Cloud customers, Server, Storage or Networking OEM customers.
- Excellent communication skills
- Self motivated. Dedicated.