Technical Business Development Manager
This key role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Pensando. You will need to work collaboratively with internal management teams to understand our strategic direction and with that own and develop external partnerships with 3rd party companies that emphasize our market plans. Own partner relationships, drive strategic alignment, direct development efforts, and manage as much integration work as possible that does not rely on internal engineering efforts.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong business development and a background in networking, with significant experience in API and partner integration that will support Security, Storage, & Virtual Appliances. The candidate should have demonstrated experience engaging senior-level executives, internally and externally, in past roles. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, specific technical skills that allow you to directly own or manage the integration efforts with partner companies. This position can be located at HQ or remote.
· Create strategic business development partnering plans to drive incremental customer value for the Pensando offer in the market
· Execute the partnership agreements, deliver technical integration plans—with a focus on plans that do not require engineering support—and drive customer engagements for feedback and refinement
· Evaluate the economic and strategic cost-benefit of new partnerships
· Support the strategic objectives and interests of Pensando’s business teams on a global basis
· 7+ years of experience in technical integration, business development, and/or P&L general management
· End-to-end negotiation experience, including developing and executing successful deals with strategic relationships
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
· Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain respect of senior management and external executives
· Competency with networking technologies
· Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment
· Technical degree and experience with API/SDK integrations
· Prior experience in high tech/networking, particularly with regards to Security, Storage, Virtual Appliances
· Passion for big challenges and a good sense of humor
· Minimum of 3+ years of business experience in in high tech/networking, particularly with regards to Security, Storage, Virtual Appliances, consulting or related industry.
· Bachelor’s in business or related field or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience