Do you look forward to challenges? As an Escalation Engineer at Pensando Systems, you will be part of a team supporting critical customer issues with significant inputs into the usability, customer interface and quality of the Pensando Distributed Services Platform. You will be expected to use your troubleshooting expertise to solve challenging and unique issues, own the customer experience, and drive improvements in overall quality.
- Provide tier 4 technical support for technical issues experienced by our highest-value customers.
- Lead cross-functional escalation teams working on the resolution of critical customer issues, define debug strategy, identify ways for issue mitigation and/or resolution; provide timely communication to the executive management.
- Own root cause analysis for critical customer problems - be the point of contact that works with Software Development, Manufacturing, Product and Technical Marketing, account teams, and executive management.
- Create scripts to help reproduce/mitigate customer reported issues.
- Work with internal QA team to cover any gaps in testing and automation.
- Work with development teams to provide feedback and guidance for new features/improvements.
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration within the team.
- Must have the ability to learn new features and technologies as the industry evolves.
- Provide technical guidance to junior members of the team.
- Proactively create and publish knowledge articles and internal troubleshooting guides.
- Travel to customer sites as needed (<25%).
- Achieve or exceed performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
The following requirements are mandatory
- Strong leadership ability in managing complex engagements - a strong analytical mind and the ability to triage and think out of the box.
- Conceptual knowledge of cloud native architecture with basic understanding of Kubernetes, Docker and Elastic.
- Advanced experience with Linux - compiling and installing drivers, checking kernel logs and configuring networking components.
- Experienced configuring and using vCenter/ESXi with a good fundamental understanding of packet flows and security features.
- Expert knowledge with BGP, QoS, IPv4, IPv6, TCP/IP.
- Good proficiency with bare-metal and virtualized environments including Windows OS, FreeBSD, Linux KVM, HyperV
- Knowledge about Day0-Day2 operational requirements.
- Experience using troubleshooting tools such as IXIA, tcpdump, Wireshark and iPerf3.
- Experience testing and documenting REST API’s using Postman
- Scripting knowledge - Python and Bash scripting.
- 5+ years of experience in providing Escalation Support to large Enterprise/Cloud customers
The following requirements are considered a plus
- Experience with VxLAN overlay and SRv4/v6.
- Experience with Telemetry consumption models - ERSPAN, INT, etc.
- Experience configuring and using Palo Alto or Juniper Firewalls