Under general supervision, the HR/Payroll Specialist is responsible for -
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calculate, input, and audit payroll and timekeeping information in order to document and assure the accuracy of employee payroll processed semi-monthly for all US employees.
- Serve as a liason between HR & Accounting department on all matters related to payroll process related, tax compliance and headcount
- Input data into ADP regarding payroll, (bonuses, new hire pays, spot bonus, special pays and severance) and personnel information to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. Maintain employee data in ADP and NetSuite.
- Troubleshoot problems with paychecks, tax deductions, timesheet issues, and other payroll-related matters and respond accordingly to inquiries.
- Provide courteous customer service by responding to timekeeping inquiries, making changes to employee information, resolving discrepancies and/or clarifying procedures for employees, supervisors, managers, and others.
- Complete new hire orientation, the onboarding processes, transfer and assist with Payroll.
- Record changes affecting net wages, such as exemptions and insurance coverage, for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Record data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
- Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- Keep records of leave pay.
- Prepare and issue payroll related paychecks either manually or via the payroll processor vendor.
- Assist with HR audits regarding payroll administration.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date files and complete personnel records.
- Prepare, review, and correct year-end W-2s.
- Prepare reports for government agencies.
- Help with HR activities such as company meetings, and events.
- Track Quarterly and Annual Pay for all types of compensation payout for sales comp.
- Process new employees in ADP Workforce Now.
- Process employee terminations.
- Ownership for PTO trackers and reconciliation.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating, if necessary, related HR policies and procedures.
- Assist with department projects.
- Equity communication to employees.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity.
- Must have knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques used within a human resources department.
- Experience with Google Sheets or Excel, including formulas, pivot tables, v-lookup, and linked spreadsheets. Or an ability to learn fast using your tech savvy.
- Skilled in the operation of a MAC/PC, and proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite, (Word, and Excel) and NetSuite.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with using ADP Workforce Now.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Ability to work with numbers and effectively use math skills on a daily basis.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of relevant experience
- 2 – 4 years related experience and/or training.