As a Senior Diagnostics Engineer you will participate in the definition and implementation of the initial framework, and Diagnostics tests created from scratch. The Senior Diagnostics Engineer will contribute in all phases of the product’s design, including framework definition, review for testability and diagnosability, bring up of a new ASIC, and manufacturing Diagnostics creation. In this position, you will:
● Work with the ASIC, SW, FW, QA, and hardware teams to provide manufacturing Diagnostics for the product
● Work with the manufacturing team to fit the Diagnostics within the manufacturing processes
● Work on innovative ways to find faults both in initial bring up, and during production testing
● Deliver best in class Diagnostics to isolate faults in a high-volume manufacturing
● Assist as necessary in schematic review, and provide suggestions to make the product more testable, with testability and fault isolation in mind
● 10+ years of experience Diagnostics development in high volume environment
● Ability to programmatically test the product using low level programming, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and diagnosability into the product
● Experience with open source tools
● API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks
● Experience taking a lead role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to a large customer base.
● Domain of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
● Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
● Proven record of mentoring and training engineers on complex technical issues
● Development experience and familiarity with embedded systems, x86 and embedded processor chipsets, and programmable devices. Experience with PCI-Express, Ethernet, and other protocols
● Demonstrated excellence in C & C++ design and embedded systems programming. Able to perform silicon level hardware and firmware debugging using an oscilloscope, logic analyzer, JTAG, beagle, etc.
● Broad knowledge of Unix tools and common script languages, ideally including Python, and Perl
● Knowledge of manufacturing test processes and support for manufacturing test development and factory debug requirements
● Experience with IC2 device drivers and device programming
● Strong oral and written communication skills