Summary: A family owned and operated company of 3 generations with over 60 years of tannery experience. Our company was started to provide people an easy, simple way to purchase quality cowhides products online and receive it at their doorsteps.
The e-commerce Manager should a tech-savvy highly motivated professional with positive attitude, excellent people oriented sales skills and comfortable in a high-paced evolving and collaborative environment, responsible for expanding e-commerce footprint. The incumbent will be responsible for planning, managing and executing e-commerce efforts through 3rd party marketplaces, like Amazon and eBay.
This position requires cross-functional synergistic interaction with various stakeholders like digital marketing, product management, warehouse operations and customer care.
· Use best in class merchandising, assortment planning, sourcing, pricing & marketing strategies to ensure e-commerce growth and provide our customers an excellent online shopping experience.
· Plan, execute and monitor e-commerce activities through homepage as well as 3rd party platforms like Amazon, eBay, Houzz, Wayfair, Etsy etc.
· Responsible for overall advertising and sales on e-commerce platforms, including, but not limited to, the sales of sponsored products, consultation on search engine optimization and prudent business decisions based on insights from the web-analytics tools.
· Responsible for identifying new sales opportunities through up-selling and cross-selling on the seller and vendor websites using multiple e-commerce platforms and partners.
· Responsible for creation, application, follow-up and reporting of new site-features, site usability and ease of customer journey.
· Leverage and implement e-commerce marketing tools like promo-codes, online coupons, event driven flash sales, customer-centric online messaging etc.
· Keep up to date with emerging trends and technologies, identify new sales funnels and develop strategic promotional plans on the e-commerce platforms to deliver best in class customer experience.
· Optimize online customer acquisition programs (PPC, CSE, Affiliate, WTB, Retargeting, SEO, Social, etc).
· Achieve set targets and ensure periodic progress reporting on key metrics to the management team.
· Responsible for metrics like listing conversion rate, sales, impressions, CTR, selling fees, bounce rate, abandon cart rate to support sales growth.
· Make recommendations for customer touchpoint improvements like product reviews, feedback scores and questions within given brand guidelines
· Evaluate current processes and identify and implement improvements.
· At least 5 years of experience in B2C sales, design, marketing and e-commerce merchandising.
· Demonstratable experience on 3rd party e-commerce platforms (e.g. Amazon, eBay, Houzz, Wayfair, Etsy)
· Demonstratable experience on web-analytics tools (e.g. Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics), online customer journey, social media platforms and associated metrics.
· Basic technical understanding of e-commerce tools (like BigCommerce plugins for WordPress).
· Demonstratable experience on working in cross-functional teams. Process driven person with people focus.
· Strong work ethics with ability to coordinate with a wide spectrum of internal and external stakeholders.
· Excellent oral and written business communication skills. Advanced expertise in business presentations.
· High motivational levels, ability to multi-task and prioritize. Capability to take ownership, work independently and pick up new trends and technologies.
· BA or equivalent from a recognised educational institution; MBA degree preferred but can be offset by commensurate industry experience in similar role.
· Experience in project management at both a strategic and functional level preferred.
· Online marketing and sales experience in the home decor industry a plus.
· Prior experience in tannery and related marketplace a big plus.