Configuration Management Lead
Responsibilities and Duties
This position is responsible for managing the execution of software development Configuration Management (CM) processes and deliverables.
· As a CM Lead, the selected candidate will be responsible for managing a small, diverse team to support agile development efforts; requiring the ability to effectively communicate with all members of the team, ranging from technical personnel to program leadership.
· Protect the integrity of a project’s delivered products from code to technical documentation.
· Leverage modern configuration, application, and life cycle management tools and processes to maintain version control for hardware, software, including code and Commercial off the Shelf (COTS)/Government off the Shelf (GOTS) packages, libraries, containers, virtual machines, releases, and documents.
· Maintain responsibility for analyzing and managing the project’s Configuration Management Plan (CMP), standing-up and facilitating Configuration Control Boards (CCBs), and establishing and managing a configuration management and documentation library.
· Lead CM, data management, and release management controls and processes across teams and interfaces
- Manages the design change process, ensuring configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness and proper authorizations
- Maintain configuration control throughout all phases of the development lifecycle; managing and tracking baseline modifications
Provide oversight of the CM team; supervising other team members
- Monitor and update the CM Plan, when required
- Conduct audits of software change procedures, software development and testing processes and documentation to verify compliance with CM plans and procedures
- Manage software CM repositories across a wide spectrum of software tools
- Maintain tool workflows, and ensure proper execution of Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket
- Effectively convey technical concepts during internal and external meetings
- Identify, assess and manage program risks related to software development activities
- Oversee weekly development metrics reporting, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Provide software deliveries, using both physical media and electronic delivery
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years Configuration Management Experience
· Experience with creating CM strategies and rolling them out for implementation for multiple teams as well as corresponding CM metrics gathering or reporting
· Experience with working in an Agile development environment
- Knowledge of CM principles and implementation
- Previous experience with agile software development practices
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Previous knowledge of Atlassian tool suite including JIRA or Confluence, GitHub, BitBucket,
- Ability to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written skills
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Security+ and/or CM Certifications a plus