Operational Test & Evaluation Manager
Responsible for the development of DoD Program Manager’s T&E strategy, approach, process, schedule, and resource requirements.
In addition, managing the implementation of an evaluation methodology and framework for product/system under test.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing the results of OT&E conducted for major DoD acquisition programs
- Experience conducting independent assessments for major DoD acquisition programs to confirm operational effectiveness and suitability of the defense system is ready for combat use.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with product managers, logistics, contracting, along with multiple external Government organizations to include Army Evaluation Command (AEC), Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC), Operational Test Center (OTC), PM Tactical Radio (PM TR), DUSA-TE, User Representatives, and other Product Offices along with the defense industry.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of test activities at major test site(s) (e.g. Aberdeen Proving ground, Aberdeen Test Center, Fort Bragg, Electronic Proving Grounds), including resolution of test execution issues, chairing of daily test update meetings, management of contractor on-site PM test representatives, tracking of test progress, etc.
- Experience working and/or supporting Test Schedule and Review Committee (TSARC) Activities
- Experience hosting and/or supporting Test & Evaluation Integration Product Teams (TEIPT)
- Support to Test Readiness Reviews, Engineer Review Boards (ERB), Executive Scoring conferences (ESC)
- Must have strong writing skills to generate scopes of tests, Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMPs), schedules, and to assist in generating technical documentation in support of Milestone Decisions and Material Release.
- Have a working knowledge of program management (program planning, execution, risk management, configuration management, metrics, earned value systems, issue resolution).
· Experience with waveform assessment and/or testing used by software defined radios (SDRs), including but not limited to TrellisWare's Advanced Networking MANET Waveform (TSM), satellite communications (SATCOM) for ultra-high frequency (UHF), High Frequency (HF), Very High frequency (VHF) or Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) preferred
- Travel occasionally (up to 25%) to the test sites in support of related meetings and test events.
- Secret Clearance or Higher REQUIRED!