Summary: Incumbent to be from Systems Engineer background with understanding in Tactical Data Links, specifically Variable Message Format (VMF) and United States Message Text Format (USMTF).
Support the United States Message Text Format (USMTF)/ Variable Message Format (VMF) interoperability, integration, analysis and configuration management for the PM Mission Command.
Provide technical assistance, recommendations and review to Joint Doctrine, Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTP), Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), Initial Capabilities Document (ICDs) and related artefacts.
Provide technical support to the Joint USMTF Configuration Control Board (CCB) and all other meetings relating to Message Text Formats.
Support in the configuration management of MIL-STD-6040, DoD Interface Standard U. S. Message Text Format (USMTF) Description and Allied Data Publication 3 (ADatP-3), and appropriate message catalogs.
Provide test plans, test reports, and test procedures for the Command Post Computing Environment (CPCE), Mounted Computing Environment (MCE), and Tactical Services Infrastructure (TSI). Supporting remote Training Exercises and Experiments, may need to install, configure and maintain CPCE/MCE/TSI Hardware & Software.
Assist in technically leading message text format implementations including POC’s and pilots. Collaborate with Quality Engineers for quality assurance and control as deemed required and necessary.
· Knowledge in the implementation of Tactical Data Links, digital message formatting, and military standards (6016, 6017, 188-220, 2045-47001, etc.).
· Demonstrated experience in formal USMTF configuration management (development/analysis of complex ICPs), data management, military standards management, and requirements development (operational and information exchange).
· Experience with MIL-STD 6017 Variable Message Format (VMF) Data Link messages.
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in related field.
· Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline.
· Four (4) additional years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
· Contribute as part of Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
· Experience of working on file systems will be a plus.
· Experience with network sniffing tools like Wireshark.
· Familiarity with configuration and collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, JAMA, GIT and SVN.
· Knowledge of overall software development lifecycle (SDLC).
· Current or Active Secret Clearance.