Summary: Incumbent to ensure availability and stability of virtual platforms and ensure systems developed are in compliance with the platform’s recommended specifications.
Perform resolution of incidents and root cause determination of problems ensuring platform stability as per agreed upon SLA’s. Maintain DevTest, Stage Production and other virtualized environments, providing administrator support for designated systems.
Monitor platform stability and performance; troubleshoot hardware, software, network issues proactively and as reported. Coordinate technical aspects of design and integration for development and implementation of applications onto the designated platform.
Imbibe new technology and modernize legacy systems on the platform without compromising the overall enterprise architecture.
· Hands-on experience in configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of RHEL and CentOS systems on hardware and virtualized environments.
· Strong foundation in cloud virtualization platforms ( VMWare, Microsoft VMM and Hyper-V).
· Team-player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· A minimum of 15 years of experience in related field.
· Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline.
· Four (4) additional years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
· Contribute as part of Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
· CCNA or CCNP certification and equivalent or higher. Pivotal certification Is a definite plus.
· Understanding of software development lifecycles and Service Oriented Architecture design.
· Experience with VMware ESXi and KVM virtualization technologies
· Previous exposure to a platform-as-a-service product like Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk.
· Current or Active Secret Clearance.