Summary: Support the Tier III operational and technical engineering support as a subject matter expert on the overall networking environment, including VLANs, routing, switching and other related advanced technologies, systems and tools, review various approaches and offer expert knowledge on feasibility, effectiveness, cost, interoperability, cyber threat and other associated items .
Responsible for maintenance and administration of computer networks and associated environments.
Implementation of network security measures, safeguarding data, software, hardware and applications. Monitor network performance and plan redundancy, backups and disaster recovery operations.
Responsible for upgrading and re-architecting network segments in response to new requirements, technologies, compliance needs, threat assessment and growth.
Provide expert training and consultation on optimizing use of network capabilities. Analyze network traffic, actively participate in diagnosis, troubleshooting and fixing reported issues or as proactive measure.
Provide solutions for remote and local networks by leveraging and deploying Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS).
Actively monitor and support the Tactical Internet (TI) – both the upper TI layer ( MSE, multi-channel satellite systems, and other WIN-T systems) as well as the lower TI for FBCB2 computers and software, EPLRS, and SINCGARS SIP radios.
Mentor and provide over-the-shoulder support for junior ranks and users as necessary.
· Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing complex enterprise network environments using multiple network protocols.
· Thorough knowledge in Wireless, Point-to-point and SATCOM communications systems.
· Team-player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· A minimum of 15 years of experience in related field.
· Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline.
· Four (4) additional years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
· The position requires DoDI 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification.
· CCNA Certification and equivalent or higher.
· Prior exposure to stakeholder mapping, cyber threat assessment and mitigation and system audits.
· Experience with US Army Common Operating Environment “COE” initiatives.
· Current or Active Secret Clearance.