Summary: Serve as Working Leader to lower-grade personnel and considered an expert for providing technical guidance and information to meet requirements.
Requires technical expertise in the areas of communications network engineering, satellite communications, architecture, analysis, development, and network operations support. Candidate should be a SME with regard to strategic areas of SoS architecture development including next generation technology insertion strategies, and integration planning of future C4ISR capabilities.
Provide communications engineering expertise to PEO C3T (Program Executive Office Command, Control Communications – Tactical) in pursuit of technical and policy solutions to tactical enterprise and local area C4ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) challenges facing the Army’s current and future forces.
Provide analysis and assessments and test evaluation of potential high payoff communications capabilities in support of the PEO C3T global warfighter C4ISR support plan.
Perform trade-off studies for system level design and material acquisition of tactical communication systems, implement and test such methodologies and devices. Serve as an expert for providing technical guidance and information to meet requirements.
Systems will include, but may not be limited to, the following Lower Tactical Internet systems:
· FBCB2 computers and software,
· Enhanced position location reporting system (EPLRS) very high speed integrated circuit (VHSIC),
· Single-channel ground and airborne radio system (SINCGARS) System improvement program (SIP) radios networked together using routers and commercial and military protocols,
· Near-term digital radio (NTDR),
· Tactical Radios and other tactical communications equipment used in Army and Joint Exercises.
Responsible for independently designing, modifying, and installing portions of the network infrastructure.
Assure non-functioning network components are repaired / replaced in a timely manner through maintenance contracts.
Review, assist, and mentor lower-grade employee’s work for quality, accuracy of work.
· A minimum of 15 years of progressively more complex experience in network design, development, and documentation.
· Degree in Computer Science, information Systems, Engineering, Business or related scientific or technical discipline.
· Four (4) additional years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
· The position requires DoDI 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification.
· Current or Active Secret Clearance.