Summary: Requires technical expertise in the areas of communications network engineering, satellite communications, architecture, analysis, development, and network operations support. Candidate should be able to support automating cybersecurity emulating adversary behavior, and evaluate tools, methodologies and techniques to thwart or detect attacks.
Provide communications engineering expertise to PEO C3T (Program Executive Office Command, Control Communications – Tactical) in pursuit of technical and policy solutions to tactical enterprise and local area C4ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) challenges facing the Army’s current and future forces.
Develop adversary emulation plans and perform network and cybersecurity operations testing.
Responsible for independently designing, modifying, and installing portions of the network infrastructure. Evaluate the efficacy of existing detection mechanisms, analytics, and mitigations.
Provide analysis and assessments and test evaluation of potential high payoff communications capabilities in support of the PEO C3T global warfighter C4ISR support plan.
Provide administration and maintenance support to the emulation laboratory. Install and manage network nodes and components.
Experience with LAN Management & Network Practices to include:
· Network system performance monitoring and analysis;
· Computer, server, and network security troubleshooting;
· supporting network communications, cabling, software, routing, and data backups.
Perform trade-off studies for system level design and material acquisition of tactical communication systems, implement and test such methodologies and devices. Systems will include Upper and Lower Tactical Internet systems like WIN T INC 1 & 2 systems, Force XXI Battle Command Brigade and Below (FBCB2), Command Post of the Future (CPOF), Joint Battle Command-Platform (JBC-P), Distributed Command Ground System Army (DCGS A), Tactical Radios and other tactical communications equipment commonly used in Army and Joint Exercises.
Leverage research, frameworks, and best practices. Review, assist, and mentor lower-grade employees.
· A minimum of 7 years of experience in network design, development, and documentation.
· Degree in Computer Science, information Systems, Engineering, Business or related scientific or technical discipline.
· Four (4) additional years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
· The position requires DoDI 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification.Current or Active Secret Clearance.