Summary: Serve as an enabler in pre-deployment exercises with field software sustainment and provide over the shoulder technical assistance including on-site diagnostic and corrective actions.
Provide all ranks and commanders tactical recommendations on leveraging Force XXI Battle Command, Brigade-and-Below (FBCB2) systems to meet their operational needs.
Responsible as SME on FBCB2 matters, including Blue Force Tracker (BFT) and Enhanced position location reporting system (EPLRS) for combat, combat support (CS), and combat service support (CSS) units across Battlefield Functional Areas (BFA’s) while performing operations at the tactical level.
Attend briefings and conference calls to identify and support with issues on FBCB2/BFT systems.
Provide troubleshooting support and impart training as requisitioned on upper Tactical Internet (TI) platforms. Expected to be able to explain the FBCB2 network.
· Thorough understanding of FBCB2 concepts, Army Battle Command Systems (ABCS) like Single-channel ground and airborne radio system (SINCGARS) ,System improvement program (SIP) with internet controller (INC) and associated IP, radio and satellite technologies.
· Team-player with excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to translate technical terminologies and concepts to all ranks.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in related field.
· Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline.
· Four (4) additional years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
· Current or Active Secret Clearance.