Summary: Incumbent to design data models based on research and SME interviews by capturing requirements, objects, properties, and relationships to fit into the overall enterprise data structure .
Ensure adherence to all approved Department of Defence (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), and organizational policies, processes and procedures related to enterprise data models, metadata, and IT Enterprise Architecture governance.
Conduct subject matter expert interviews, research existing processes, documents and policies to capture data requirements, objects, properties, and relationships and build a cohesive enterprise data model. Collaborate with related mission areas and processes to model respective domains and map the models to create an enterprise data model.
Provide data modelling support to systems engineering and integration, supporting both organizations and their partners across multiple networks and diverse systems. Provide design input to developers with regard to usability, interface, and functionality of the applications affected by the enterprise data model.
Reduce data redundancies and facilitate data sharing within the boundaries of the enterprise architecture by liaising with other taxonomy and ontology teams within customer organizations.
· Demonstrated experience handling heterogeneous data sources for vocabulary and metadata enhancements. Experience with current and emerging tools on enterprise data modelling.
· Demonstrated acumen in data analysis, semantic modelling, controlled vocabularies, classification.
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in related field with hands on experience in data flow analysis and data modelling techniques.
· Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline.
· Four (4) additional years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
· Experience in ontology management systems for categories, attributes, and other metadata.
· Current or Active Secret Clearance.