Summary: Serve as a Cybersecurity Architect with the primary responsibility for organizing, coordinating, scheduling changes, and identifying new requirements necessary to meet day-to-day, and future, cybersecurity mission objectives. Perform work which involves a wide range of IT management activities that extend and apply to all organizational IT platforms.
Provide technical consultative/advisory services to the PM/Product Manager (PdM) to review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks.
Participate in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies.
Analyze and study complex system requirements Provide Subject Matter expertise in cybersecurity architecture technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, Active directory, and networking in general.
Define hardware specifications for high availability cyber tools/systems. Identify security vulnerabilities in the system and attack vectors to actively pursue threats across multiple networks.
Deploy and use cybersecurity tools to enhance security compliance baselines to support enterprise level cyber security requirements. Collaborate with customer on cyber safeguards and remediation steps recommended.
Prepare program and user level documentation. Assist in establishment of information security systems standards and recommended procedures.
Participate in and analyze security audits and access logs to optimize endpoint security measures
· Demonstrated experience working in an enterprise network/ IT environment on servers hosting cyber applications and tools.
· A minimum of 7 years of IT experience in network design, cyber security, and deployment.
· Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline.
· Four (4) additional years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
· The position requires DoDI 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level II certification upon hire.
· This position also requires Level III certification in Acquisition Career Field “Information Technology” or the incumbent must be able to obtain certification within 12 months of appointment.
· Familiarity with the operations of a Security Operations Center (SOC)
· Familiarity with associated programming and scripting languages and tools (VBScripts, PowerShell, WMI, C#, Java, SQL. Python, C++, XML).
· CISSP certification.
· Current or Active Secret Clearance.