We are looking for candidates to join our customers growing team! They are a stable part of the telecom construction history, which this industry has new opportunities everyday! Work together to improve performance & opportunities for team members. High paying construction jobs working to build the 5G space – offering unlimited opportunities! Work, grow and ADVANCE!
- Looking for Telecom Tower Tech candidates in Buffalo, NY & Binghamton, NY
- All candidates must follow safety & work instructions.
- Be able to organize & track work via checklists & procedures.
- Able & willing to climb structure with altitudes 300+ feet
- Climbing with a load of up to 25 pounds.
- Understanding and adherence to safety & quality guidelines (no deviation)
- Report & observe possible compound/equipment defects/hazards
- Safely & efficiently complete repairs & upgrades at elevated heights.
- Equipment needing maintenance will be mounted on structures such as guyed towers, lattice towers, monopole towers, water towers, stealth towers & rooftops.
- JHA’s (Job Hazard Assessments are required.
- Will need to identify, document & follow all JHA’s
- Checklists & MOP’s (Methods of Procedures) & Scope of work must be followed
- Documentation of accurate job costs, labor hours & material
- Ability to read blueprints and execute per customer specifications
- Potential identification of add-on sales to increate revenue
- Expand, upgrade & troubleshooting of existing cellular carrier networks and sites
- Cellular Radio & Antenna Swaps
- Legacy cable plant upgrades (Coaxial to Fiber)
- Site upgrades & capacity expansion
- Audit pre and post work sites
- (If & When needed) serve as a rescue climber
- Duties as assigned
Must have 1-2 years of experience (Tower Climbing)
21 years of age or older
Valid Drivers license
Meet company driver eligibility criteria (to drive a company vehicle)
DOT certification must be met within 90 days of employment
DOT medical must be completed between offer, but before starting employment
Background checks (in applicable federal, state, and local laws) include:
Criminal history check
Employment history check
- Successful completion of tower training program at company required level
- Previous knowledge of networking principals, Ethernet standards, power systems, cable testing, and industrial construction is a plus.
- Travel up to 50% of time (could be more dependent upon projects/business need)
- Flexible schedule is required (nights/weekends as necessary)
- On-call rotation
- Independent self starters are desired
- Organization & administration skills
- Written & oral communication skills (English) for safety
- Flexibility in challenging situations
- Multitasking & maintain composure is stressful situations
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office products)
- Mechanical terminology and tool understanding
- Use of power tools and industry test equipment
- Must meet certain weight requirements post-offer, pre-employment and during employment in order to comply with equipment manufacturers’ safety standards for working at heights; maximum weight to be qualified to climb upon hire is 250 pounds.
- Waist circumference must not exceed 60 inches measured at the navel as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
- Ability to climb tall structures with a load of up to 25 pounds while working at altitudes of 300+ feet.
- Ability to lift and carry materials that weigh up to 40 pounds for 6-8 hours per work day.
- Must be able to work at heights from an aerial work platform (AWP) such as man-lifts, boom trucks, cranes & other approved equipment.
- Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights.
- Ability to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors
- Ability to push and pull materials and equipment for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand, walk and climb for extended periods of time.
- Perform repetitive movements for extended periods of time.
- Ability to drive long distances on and off road.
- Ability to perform these duties in all weather conditions and climates including heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, confined spaces, and all types of geographic locations.