We are looking for a Tractor Trailer Driver for our customber. Our customer is based in San Jose, CA.
LOCAL TRAVEL ONLY!!! This position will not involve national travel.
Directly reports to Regional Logistics Manager
- Driving tractor trailer combination or truck with capacity of 26,000 GVW for transportaiton & delivery of equipment and materails to suppliers, customers, storage or processing locations, while maintianing compliance with company HSE stanards and DOT regulations (applicable)
- Duties include operaiton of several types of loading & unloading equipment (hand lift, hand trucks, hydraulic lifts, pallet jacks, or wheel loaders)
- Knowledge of routing equipment, relevnat equipment, procedures, policies, and wet systems.
- Postion is flexible in parameter
- Primary goal to achieve excellence in position facets
- Provide high quality safety, effectiveness & decrease of accients & errors to increase the profits
- Comfort in exposure to weather conditions
- Noise, fumes & dirt will be present
- Equipment, machinery & scrap - located throughout the scrap yard
- Safety euqipment (shoes, hearing, respirators, face shiled, additonal protecive equipment) may be required to reduce the rick of hazard
- Ability to work under pressure
- Critical deadlines are required
- Distrubances in workflow & irregularity in schedule occur
- Extra hours might be required (potentially on weekends, weedays and holidays)
- Ablity to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Sitting, standing & walking on uneven ground/throughout yards
- Manual dexterity is required (handling, grasping, and manipulating of controls)
EHS - provide safe environment for employees, customers & visitors
- High School diploma, GED Certification, or experience in a similar role preferred.
- 3-5 years of driving experience and a valid CDL Class A license required.
- Long-haul/over-the-road experience desired, but not required