Summary: As an AWS Administrator, the incumbent shall be responsible to deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS. The candidate is also expected to propose and make necessary technical changes to enhance the existing cloud platform services, provide repeatable solutions and delivery excellence for the organization’s set of core solutions.
Base Location : Charlotte, NC Reporting To: Director of IT/ Cloud Services
· Provision and de-provision AWS accounts. Ensure highest levels of systems availability.
· Implement and control the flow of data to and from AWS.
· Select the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements.
· Identify appropriate use of AWS operational best practices.
· Estimate AWS usage costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms.
· Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower human intervention time.
· Assist in the integration of new systems and tools into the technical support flow and infrastructure.
· Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
· Liaise with other IT personnel and partners for problem resolution, and drive troubleshooting and resolution tasks when necessary, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
· Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
· A minimum of 4 + years of experience as an IT administrator with a primary responsibility of AWS and Linux systems. Hands-on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools.
· Experience of AWS platform includes proficiency in EC2, S3, Auto Scaling, and AIM.
· Proven experience of OS deployment, administration, networking, performance monitoring/tuning, security hardening, and troubleshooting (On-Premises and Cloud).
· Solid knowledge of Shell Scripting and command line management.
· Experience with configuration management software.
· Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation.
· Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral business communication skills.
· AWS Associate certificates are a plus (AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS SysOps Administrator, AWS Solutions Architect).
· College diploma or university degree, preferably in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or Information Systems preferred.