We’re looking for a writer to help us develop smart, engaging and highly visual content for our platform. Writing for this new medium requires an extremely strong ability to conceptualize ideas visually as well as write engaging material for a smart, intellectually curious audience. Our initial content will focus on both professional / personal development as well as “great courses” content (eg philosophy, psychology, art history, etc.). This position is available either on a contract basis or as a full time remote or onsite employee. The company is based in New York City. This position is part time.
● Extract the salient points from existing non-fiction books and topic areas into outlines. Bonus points for research experience.
● Adapt outlines into copy that is both engaging and educational.
● Ideate options for illustrations and animations that help communicate key concepts.
○ Learning fanatic: You love learning new things; you consume tons of non-fiction content - books, lectures, documentaries, courses, podcasts, wikipedia pages, fortune cookies ...
○ Writing experience: W hether in school, on the job or in your free time, you have significant experience writing nonfiction content.
○ A visual mind: Y ou think visually and have a strong intuition for how to communicate complex concepts through illustrations, infographics and animations. Bonus points for illustration or animation experience.