Summary: This senior management role is critical to the success of NAF. This individual is responsible for achieving the highest level of service excellence to our customers. The incumbent must effectively maintain our core values to our employees and to our customers.
The product we sell is both the materials and the ability to install those materials very efficiently. This requires a coordinated effort between installers, warehouse and order processing.
Base Location : Santa Clara, CA Reporting To: President
· Manage 4 individual installation supervisors responsible for the day to day oversite of installation crews
· Maintain the highest level of installation quality through effective hiring, training and managing of our 100 plus employee installation workforces.
· Assure adherence to Installation standards including installation quality and procedures.
· Maintain continuous training and quality improvement program for installers and helpers.
· Project and maintain installation capacity based on seasonal needs
· Effectively recruit, hire and train the necessary workforce to fulfil required production
· Utilize flooring software to maximize efficiency.
· Manage warehouse personnel including work schedules and daily activities
· Manage organization and workflow of materials
· Manage waste and recycling programs
· Monitor all equipment maintenance and procurement requests
· Manage facilities
· Manage the order entry teams, warehouse and installation personnel
· Achieve performance standards for timeliness and accuracy of orders and billing
· Achieve operational goals through daily oversight and management of order processing and personnel.
· Monitor daily errors and exceptions to determine and correct source of errors.
· Provides necessary training to employees to prevent future issues
· Continually identifies ways to improve operational systems to achieve more efficiency and output while maintaining highest levels of quality.
· Accomplishes company goals of customer satisfaction
· Monitors customer service requests to confirm proper handling and preventative measures.
· Manage customer property visits, inspections, and quality control
· Handles customer service issues that have escalated to make certain they are fixed and that the root cause has been identified and corrected as well.
· Monitor and maintain compliance with all OSHA requirements by implementing, monitoring and maintaining safety systems and training programs.
· Maintain schedule of safety training to assure ongoing conformity with regulations
· Performs quarterly safety audit and analysis of safety program
· 10+ years of management experience in the construction or manufacturing industry .
· Knowledge of building codes (SSBC, IBC, etc.), OSHA standards and principles required.
· Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, various construction methods and installations procedures.
· Demonstrated ability to thoroughly understand drawings and specifications, general contract and subcontract documents, materials, means and methods.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
· Demonstrated ability of strong organizational and time management skills.
· Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Strong communication skills.
· Adherence to the highest standards of ethics, and professionalism at all times.
· Preferred language proficiency: Spanish (Fluent)
· Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS or equivalent certifications with relevant experience).
· MBA degree highly desired or an equivalent combination of training and work experience.
· Commercial floor covering experience and knowledge of aspects of a commercial floor covering dealership preferred.
· Flooring subject matter expert preferred. Including Tile, carpet, vinyl, laminate, hard woods.
· Ability to meet with local officials as needed to discuss code compliance and any other issues deemed necessary by the Authority Having Jurisdiction.
· Understanding and familiarity with Federal, State, and local rules, regulations, codes and practices.