The candidate will work on the following tasks:
- Provide project scope and ballpark estimate for the modernization future releases.
- Examine and prioritize the scope and estimates based on business value, cost, data quality/accessibility, risk, etc.
- Group the scope and features into a series of IT projects.
- Present the IT projects in a Gantt or similar illustration with durations, dependencies, concurrency, etc.
- Provide resource planning, cost and budget information for delivering the projects by fiscal year.
- Break down large system requirements into manageable parts (Iterative/Sprint following DevOps).
- Responsible for scoping and planning stories/tasks and assign to the technical resources.
- Responsible for providing guidance to the team members as needed to carry out tasks and to monitor for timely completion.
- Develop and carry out testing procedures to make sure everything works properly.
- Ensure that systems meet quality and security standards.
- Keep accurate records of steps and decisions taken.
- Keep application/project manager(s) regularly informed of progress.
- Advise supervisors about how to plan their future IT needs.
- If required, research ‘off-the-shelf’ products to see whether they would be more suitable than building a new system.
Required Skills and Experience
10 years of 'real' hands-on working experience is required. This excludes 'experience' earned academically and/or internship.
Required: 3+ years of system/technical architecture experience.
Required: 5+ years of ASP.NET web development experience, VB.Net and/or C# with MVC Razor.
Required: 3+ years of database modeling/development experience; experience with SQL Server.
Required: 2+ years of HTML5/CSS3 and Bootstrap framework.
Required: 1+ years of DevOps and familiarity with the Agile/iterative/waterfall development.
Experience with any modernization project is ideal.
Prior experience with Accounting systems highly preferred.
Familiarity with workflow solutions.
Strong analytical and communication skills.
Experience with Load testing and code/host scanning.
Other Skills, interests and qualities
As an architect you will need:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand client requirements.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- The ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues.
- The ability to gather and interpret data.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- A broad knowledge of technologies and applications.
- The ability to explain ideas clearly to technical and non-technical staff.
- A knowledge of industry quality standards, legislation and best practice.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines.
- A flexible and adaptable approach.
- A commitment to keep up to date with technology.