This position is part of a team of network engineers responsible for Design, installation, configuration, and management of the above related Cisco hardware.
In addition to technical duties described above the candidate must also be able to:
- Communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications.
- Utilizing Microsoft Office and or Visio document any network changes and procedures as necessary.
- Provide and develop project documentation.
- Work in a team environment using Remedy change tracking software.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames, under tight deadlines.
- Work off hours as the need arises in support of changes to the network.
- Be proficient in effective problem solving and multi-tasking between multiple projects.
- Work is normally performed from a PennDOT office located in Harrisburg PA during a standard 40 hour work week.
- Some weekend, shift work, holiday, on-call, and overtime may be required.
- At times work may require travel to and from the various PennDOT locations throughout the state of Pennsylvania.
Required / Desired Skills:
- Cisco ASA required 8 years Experience.
- Cisco VPN required 8 years Experience.
- Cisco Wireless LAN controller required 5 years Experience.
- CCNP desired 8 years Experience.
- Routing and Switching desired 8 years Experience.
- Cisco Nexus desired 5 years Experience.
- Application Load balancing (Citrix NetScaler) desired 5 years Experience.
- SDWAN desired 5 years Experience.
- 4 year college degree desired.