Position reports to Nylon Production Engineering Leader
The Nylon Production Engineer provides chemical engineering expertise to deliver optimum performance of company`s Nylon 66 polymerization and compounding process units in the areas of safety, capacity, yields, energy consumption, and quality. The position works under the direction of the Production Engineering Leader and works closely with professionals in Technology, Project and Process Engineering, and Manufacturing. The Nylon Production Engineer will be assigned to support an area or specific unit operations.
- Works closely with Manufacturing Engineers, Control Engineers, and Operations to optimize the economic performance of the assigned process unit(s) by improving yields or reducing energy and other usages.
- Works with Operations, Maintenance, and Reliability professionals to improve the reliability of the process unit(s) and to maximize OEE.
- Actively supports the site & area safety programs via participation (or leadership) in PHA’s, FMEA’s, LOPA’s, MOC’s, incident investigations, resolution of action items, and other activities to ensure safe and reliable operation, regulatory compliance, and optimum process performance.
- Serves as the unit production expert and provides technical counsel and troubleshooting assistance to Mfg. Engineers and Operations as needed to deliver planned performance.
- Works with the Manufacturing Engineers and Operations to maintain up-to-date process documentation.
- Serves as Mfg. Representative on capital project teams.
- Provides process design information for small capital and/or expense projects.
- Generates innovative ideas for process improvements and works with Technology, Process Engineering, and Project Engineering to screen such ideas.