The Site Process Safety Leader will lead process safety program deployment within the site through partnership with the ESSH and manufacturing teams. This role will facilitate a process to ensure process safety scenarios are identified, and that effective controls are in place to prevent or mitigate these scenarios. In order to effectively facilitate this process, this role will frequently interact across all levels of the organization. This position will also work with the global process safety team to develop and improve process safety programs.
- Implement measurement and metrics programs that include site leader engagement and understanding of how to use these metrics to effectively prioritize site process safety initiatives.
- Through deployment and evaluation, drive improved understanding and management of process safety risk.
- Initiate process safety competency development for PSM program owners.
- Lead process safety program deployment into operating units, building knowledge and understanding to achieve effective and sustainable process safety performance.
- In partnership with site leadership teams
- ensure appropriate prioritization and timely completion of process safety action items
- develop site and/or unit program owners for the process safety programs.
- develop and implement strategies to reduce the site risk profile (risk based approach).
- coordinate process safety training at the site.
- Facilitate Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) studies.
- Lead site deployment of any new regulatory or company requirements,
- Ensure the site has elements in place to comply with OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) and EPA Risk Management Plan (RMP) rules.
- Participate in process safety audits and investigations at other Ascend plants.
- Through engagement with site teams, including front line operations and maintenance teams, seek opportunities to improve identification of process safety scenarios and ensure effective controls are in place to prevent or mitigate these scenarios.
- Ensure measurement and metrics programs are in place and that site leaders are engaged on how to use these metrics to effectively prioritize site process safety initiatives. This includes maintenance of a process safety scorecard.
- As a member of the company process safety core team, provide input on new or improved process safety programs.
- Partner with operations and reliability to ensure real time process safety risks are understood and mitigated