1. Provide pre-sales support in LAN/WAN environments, including server and system level support
2. Troubleshoot and provide periodic reports on network performance and quality of service
3. Produce fee-based deliverables as a result of thorough evaluation and documentation client’s IT infrastructure, including network maps, hardware/software configurations, and IT processes.
4. Maintain and increase technical certifications based upon certification requirement changes and business market requirements
5. Maintain strategic relationships with Manufacturers, i.e. Microsoft, Novell, HP, Compaq, Cisco.
6. Product recommendation: May be required to properly evaluate customer requirements in order to recommend specific products to solve customer business needs
7. Ensure proper documentation and change control processes are in place and enforced
8. Must be a hands-on Solutions Architect.
9. Virtualization and Server Storage architectural design experience.
10. No network engineers.
11. Strong employment tenure with no contractor roles.
12. SMEs need to identify their practice areas.
13. Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
14. Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
15. Solid verbal and writing abilities.
16. Proven track record in management of a 24/7 production environment.
17. In depth knowledge of networking and management protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP etc.).
18. In depth knowledge of routers, switches, firewalls, load balancer (Cisco, Checkpoint, Enterasys).
19. Knowledge of internet protocols related to e-mail transfer.
20. Previous hands-on experience and network/systems management tools.
21. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
22. Ability to function and prioritize in a fast-paced multi-task, team environment.
23. Ability to meet deadlines.
24. Problem solving capabilities
Experience, Expertise, Qualifications and Certifications needed:
1. 5 - 15 years’ experience in IT technology.
2. 5 - 15 years’ experience WAN technology and enterprise server/storage technology
3. Valid driver’s license required (if applicable to position)
4. Must have a BS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
5. All certifications must be current.