Our client is a startup that’s creating a travel-focused, social platform with the ultimate objective of helping people make better travel decisions.
They’re on an exciting journey and their small team are building this from the ground up. To put it simply, they’re building a world-class platform that will become the de-facto space for the explorers of the world.
If you’re an experienced UX Lead/Manager with a passion for travel and creating world-class user experiences across devices, we want to hear from you!
· Lead and implement user experience design from ideation through launch.
· Develop customer empathy by regularly conducting user research including testing of new features and products.
· Communicate the needs of the customer and different user personas through written user stories and conduct user acceptance.
· Create rapid prototypes for testing and presentation.
· Work with partners across a matrixed organization, including Product Managers, R&D, Content Acquisition, and Editorial to deliver timely, high-quality solutions.
· Create elegant user interfaces and rich user experiences in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
· Introduce new ideas originating from competitive intelligence, contact with customers, and user experience best practices in other areas of business.
· Instill a disciplined approach to developing a consistent, rational user experience across heterogeneous product offerings.
· Ensure a first-class user experience across all of our products.
· Create and maintain documentation regarding site/product information architecture, interface requirements & navigation flows in partnership with management and supporting teams.
· Plan, organize, distribute, and coordinate the flow of work across the UX/creative team.
· Help develop and implement metrics to evaluate performance, presenting actual product performance versus objectives, and ensure development and strategies extend to peripheral businesses.
· Mentor, train, guide, and advise staff.
· Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Experience, Expertise and Qualification:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, a related design or Behavioral Science discipline, or equivalent experience in customer-centric, user interaction design for Consumer-facing/B2C web products.
· Minimum 3+ years’ experience in web user interaction or user experience design, ideally in an industry that offers complex data, collaboration, workflow, or document management products.
· Proven track record of designing, implementing, and enhancing market leading user designs that result in high performing user experiences.
· Experience using customer-centric design methodologies.
· Hands-on experience optimizing the user experience for a Social platform.
· Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and challenging environment, drive cross-functional tasks and work effectively within a matrixed organization.
· Deep understanding of Agile Methodologies
· Strong leader and team player, who communicates well, is energetic, innovative, and intellectually challenges others.
· Demonstrated results mentoring and guiding team members.
· Ability to travel to India two times a year for at least 2 weeks at a time