Who we are looking for:
People who are passionate about the care of our patients. We are looking for individuals who want to be part of a medical team that puts our patients first and works well with a team of professionals. Someone who wants a successful career in the eye care profession where your efforts make a difference. We want people who are experienced, enthusiastic, cares about others, and wants to work in a fast paced and fun environment.
Required: Knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the eye, optics, testing techniques, utilization of equipment relative to position. Must have experience with performing an external light exam, Amsler grid testing, motility, confrontation field, refractometry, retinoscopy, and IOP measurement.
- Record chief complaint, eye history, medical and social history
- Check visual acuity for distance and near
- Neutralization of spectacles
- Perform external light exam, Amsler grid testing, motility, confrontation field, refractometry, retinoscopy, IOP measurement (tonopen, schiotz, applanation, pnuemotonometer), keratometry, and color vision testing
- Refractometry – manual and using Epic