This position is with a premier eye care surgurial office. Travel is required between different offices on occassion.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates a welcoming atmosphere by greeting visitors and patients to the clinic
- Checks in and checks out patients in a timely, friendly manner
- Outstanding professional phone management skills: manages a multiline telephone system efficiently and politely, minimizing hold time
- Comforts patients by answering any questions they may have
- Expedites patient processing by having them fill out forms
- Obtains patient identification and insurance information
- Maintains patient accounts by verifying insurance information and coordinating with relevant organizations for payment and referral requirements
- Keeps doctor, nurses, medical assistants, and any other related staff abreast of scheduling, patient details, and potential service delays
- Helps maintain office inventory; may place orders for office supplies and schedule service for office equipment repairs
- Protects patients’ right of confidentiality; mandatory familiarity with HIPAA
- Coordinates transportation for patients as needed
- Schedules testing and procedures for patients as necessary
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 1 year of direct experience as a medical office receptionist in a fast-paced clinic, hospital, or similar healthcare setting.
- Must be able to multitask effectively; critical time management skills necessary
- Understanding of basic healthcare terminology
- Demonstrated ability to interact with healthcare professionals, patients, and insurance companies alike
- Excellent customer service skills
- Pleasant phone demeanor
- Computer skills required; working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite mandatory, and must type 30+wpm
- Insurance Knowledge.