DIRECTOR OF FINANCE – CONTROLLER
Company: Fast-growing, multi-site specialty healthcare company that has recently undergone an exciting transition from private ownership to an independent, stand-along entity, backed by institutional capital.
Position: The Director of Finance – Controller reports directly to the CEO and will manage accounting, FP&A, and administrative functions.
Location: New Jersey
Compensation: Competitive compensation package depending on experience with generous benefits.
Provides support to the CEO in planning, directing and coordinating all financial and operational functions. The position is responsible for leading the management, development, interpretation and administration of policies relating to accounting, treasury, internal control, taxation and overall financial reporting. Duties include but are not limited to financial reporting, financial analysis, internal controls, accounts receivable, accounts payable, expense containment and all treasury functions. Act as a business partner to the CEO and Board of Directors to support the development and execution of various business strategies.
- Plan, direct and coordinate all aspects of accounting operations.
- Transition business to GAAP accrual accounting and implement systems to sustain the transition.
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results including measurement against budget.
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements and management reports.
- Manage bank relations, benefits, and insurance administration.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of business.
- Implement and track key performance indicators for various business functions.
- Provide the CEO information vital to the decision making process.
- Coordinate activities of external auditors, directors and investors.
- Serve as a lead in systems initiatives.
- Assess on an ongoing basis accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvements and implementing new processes.
- Evaluate and implement internal accounting controls as needed.
- Act as thought leader throughout the preparation of financial plans and budgets.
- Prepare and develop departmental and staff level goals.
- Manage various administrative functions.
- Progressive career track including experience as a Controller / Assistant Controller in a small to medium-sized multi-site healthcare company (dermatology, dental, physical therapy etc.) \ ($10-250M plus in revenue) or similar level of responsibilities within division, business unit, etc. of a larger organization.
- Willing and capable of working with minimal support staff. Ideal candidate is able to provide strategic guidance to the CEO/Board and perform basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks. Proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience in all facets of financial and operational accounting including lender reporting, RCM & contracting, A/P, project management, treasury, taxation and overall financial reporting.
- CPA required. MBA preferred. Minimum 8 years of experience. Combination of public accounting & private company experience strongly preferred.