Our client is hiring an experienced Senior Video Editor based in Los Angeles who will be a key member of a growing production team, working collaboratively in a fast-paced production environment.
The ideal candidate is someone enthusiastic about short-form documentary storytelling. He/she will edit and a wide range of short and medium format content including interviews, documentaries and internal marketing material.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Help bring creative video concepts and stories to life in a way that’s relevant to the brand’s growing audience.
- Expertly apply finishing and packaging skills to each edit, including: color correction, sound design, sound mixing/eq, graphics and multi-format delivery.
- Be supremely organized and proactive at every stage of a project - from footage intake to distribution.
- Communicate clearly and positively across departments and with managers about project schedules, creative decisions, approvals, deliverables and publishing strategy.
- Stay up to date on technical developments and software updates and apply new skills to improve workflow and quality.
- Embrace and exploit emerging video platforms and formats: live streaming, animation, VR, social video formats, etc.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Experience, Expertise and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of professional editing experience
- Expert level knowledge of full Adobe Creative Suite
- Proven success working with creative teams, directors and clients
- A firm grasp of digital camera formats, frame rates, codecs, compression techniques and file-based workflows
- Adept online editor: color correction, music supervision and post-production sound mixing
- Keen eye for detail in sound, pacing and story of edits
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience working from a server with other editors
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment
- A bachelor’s degree in Film, Animation, Visual Studies or similar